Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to MOM


Mom is older today...Her 76th Birthday!

I'm celebrating my way in Prague KNOWING that Papa is doing the same in Wichita Falls for Grandma...right Dad?






Billie Inez Thornton Woodard was born and raised in Joplin, Texas. Pa and Granny (her parents) had three children. My mom was the oldest and best (in my humble opinion!)









She lef the small town of Joplin and went all the way to Decatur, Texas for college at the age of sixteen.


















After college she begin teaching in Wichita Falls, Texas...she taught a young man named Dwain Woodard and that is how she met my dad and became Dwain's and Evan's mom and later, MY mom.

She is the BEST MOM in the world (even better than me!)

She never made me feel like I was in her way, never yelled at me, always pointed out the best in me, always loved and encouraged, never was self-seeking...always kind to others...and the wisdom she has, well, it is amazing!

I've learned a few things from her:
*If a job is worth doing, it is worth doing WELL.
*God will repay, so let HIM...don't try to do it myself!
*It is better to be the one being treated poorly than the one treating someone poorly.
*The Judge of all the earth will do right!!!
*A job should be FUN!!!
*And that if you do not have time to go over your Spelling words but you have been told to do so (by your father who is out of town working) you can WAVE your hands over the book once or twice and say, "OVER, OVER, OVER" and it counts!

I love the way you love JESUS, DAD, Dwain and family, Evan, Me and mine...your family and all.

I just love the way you LOVE and LIVE!!!

I'm so thankful you are my mom!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BILLIE INEZ

I don't know about the shutting you up...
BUT I know it will not slow you down!!!
ONE CUTE COUPLE



She still gives a day a week to work for a Mission organization in her
OLD AGE

At Papa's 8oth birthday party...2007
One of my favorite pictures of her!


Christopher and Grandma at his graduation
2007

Grandma at Jonathan's graduation...2008

Grandma (and Papa and the rest of us)
in Poland






2 comments:

Patsy said...

what a sweet tribute of love to your mom, delese, she is one special lady and raised another... love you

Joe R said...

Your mom (and dad) are truly a blessing. They are like mom and dad to me as well. Thanks for sharing this tribute to your mom.

BTW, I remember the photo in Krakow. It was a great trip!