Saturday, August 30, 2008


My first BLOG and I’m at a lost for words. Well, not really (I’m sure you saw that coming!)

My thoughts today: I have lived with MANY men! Yes, I’m the only girl of three children. I did live with my parents (which included my mom…another girl) for nineteen years before heading off to college. After two and a half years I moved in with another man…my husband…And father of my three sons. So, I’ve been living with ONLY men since 1979. Don’t get me wrong…I love my husband to death and there hasn’t been a BORING minute of our 29 years of marriage (out of which we say that 27 of those were GREAT!) And I have absolutely had a BLAST being the mom of three sons. Upon mention of them I smile all over myself and feel such pride and JOY. No, I do not feel cheated at all!!!
But let’s face it, a girl needs GIRL-FRIENDS!!!

And God has sent me some wonderful girl-friends to bless my male dominated life.

First and foremost…MY MOM…Billie Inez Thornton Woodard…thank you so much Mom!!!

Mrs. Masters mentored me through my mom. I didn’t even know what mentoring was back then (1970.) I don’t think my mom did either, but Mrs. Masters mentored mom and mom mentored me with the wisdom she gleaned from Mrs. M. I’m so thankful for her life and story!

I began writing a SHORT list (I thought) of those girls whom God has brought in my life who have made a difference and even that SHORT list is LONG. So, I will not be able to share with you my precious girl-friends. I do want to say that I have remembered you (you know who you are) today and thanked the Lord for you and what you have taught me. I’ve been reminded that I’ve not always been the BEST OF GIRL-FRIENDS and I am sorry about that. I want to be the kind of Girl-Friend who makes a Godly Impact on the lives of the women GOD gives me as friends.

Though I’ve not always been faithful…He is…and a little over a year ago He placed another girl in my life. He gave me my precious Daughter-In-Love, Katie Gray Grisham Stockwell. I didn’t get to pick her…but I couldn’t have picked a better one. She has been a delight to my heart, soul, and life!!!
She got me started on this BLOG thing. Go Katie!!!

Another amazing girl is entering our lives. Again, I didn’t get to pick her…but Jonathan has brought us home another KEEPER. Katherine Anderson will join the Stockwell girls soon and when she does, LOOK OUT BOYS…we will almost be caught up (in number) with you and when three girl-friends (especially astonishing ones like us) get together…no telling what will happen!!!

Looking forward to BLOGGING with all my Girl-Friends and, of course, those delightful men whom God has given me as cohorts in this journey of LIFE.

Always: Entering His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; giving thanks to Him and praising His Name. For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100:4
Blessed be the Name of my Lord.


9 comments:

Lilly Ann's Trunk said...

Dalese, So glad you are getting your girls. They will be lucky girls to have you. You have a beautiful family. God has blessed you. Thank you for sending your blog. It was fun to read. God bless. Hugs Carol

Tiffany said...

Thank YOU Dalese for how you have poured into my life! I love you like crazy! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging.

Linda Graber said...

Dalese,

I'm honored to have you in my life. We keep praying God will add a "son" to our family sometime SOON!!!

Blogging is on my list of challenges to learn to do and connect with others. Thanks for leading the way.

Blessings,

Linda G

Unknown said...

Hey girlfriend!
Would love to see you today? How is your hand?
Love you, Marsha

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really are doing great on this blogging thing. It is wonderful to read your thoughts on things like soup!!! Love you,

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Dalese...you are simply amazing. I'm so greatful that you were placed in my life...Yay for your son graduating and y'all coming to the Compound and the lowly Russia quad. I love you so much and get excited every time I think about a visa run!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you know I was just kidding on that last comment. I REALLY do like reading what you write.
You have been such a blessing in my life, don't know what I would do without you!! I'm going to call you in a minute.

Love you
BFF Lisa

DALE said...

Silly girl

DALE said...

Glad things are going fine there...............things are not going so well here
You know MOTHER (tease)
Have a wonderful week end