Wednesday, October 15, 2008

DISCLAIMER



I had to get in here quickly and write a disclaimer.
Precious friends are sending me sweet notes about how wonderful I am.
I just need to say...I'm not wonderful at all...
I'm human and I've said and done things that I never thought I'd say and do...Those little tidbits were cleaned up for blog posting!
And many tidbits were left out...there was a reason!!!

Jesus is wonderful and has been the sustaining ONE!!!

We also know that our friends and family have prayed for us and encouraged us through these years and know what prayer can do...so you can celebrate too...fourteen years of lifting us up in prayer...

Don't stop now!!! CAUSE we STILL aren't perfect or wonderful. Just serving a WONDERFUL LORD!


1 comment:

Deborah S. Reece said...

Dear Dalese:

I enjoyed your post and celebrate with you...your 14 years. I still remember the day you came into my office at SWBTS and how I sent you for an interview, even though you'd only be there a year instead of the 2 they wanted. It was nice to talk someone that had the same goal as we did....going to that part of the world to serve.

You said in your post that you glossed over some of the things, and I know for me that those hard things that I'd rather not share (all my mistakes) are the things that brought me to the low point of me....which in reality allowed God to work in my life during my time overseas. Wow, did we at times learn things the hard way.

I amen that God is good. He's the one who gives us the courage to stay by always reminding us that He is with us and has gone before us and has a plan. He sustains us when we are desperately weak. He empowers us to have understanding, to say the right words in a foreign tongue, and to give folks the bread of life. You are so right, Dalese, the Lord Jesus is wonderful and without Him we can do nothing.

Congrats on 14 years, God has the glory for all that has been accomplished. Bless you and Mick for being faithful and following Him wherever He leads.