Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy 25th Birthday Christopher

Christopher is turning twenty five (25) on the 6th of September and I’m not going to be able to send out my customary letter celebrating the life of my son on his birthday. I started sending out emails to help me deal with not being with the boys (now men) on their special days years ago. This little tradition has really ministered to me!
Thank you for being a part of the STOCKWELL family as you read my reminiscence of Christopher.






WOW…twenty five years ago God blessed us with our first son. And God hasn’t stopped blessing our lives through him.

God has a calling on Christopher’s life. Christopher was always very interested in spiritual matters. At the age of two and a half he wanted to have “Jesus in his heart.” We told tell him that when he was older there would be a time when he would feel that "tugging" and we would talk
to him about it then.
One afternoon I was lying down with him (trying to get him to go to sleep while the baby (Jonathan) slept so that I could get a short nap myself) and he smiled a wicked little smile, rushed his hand into my shirt, pulled it out as quickly as he had stuck it in, and repeated the same action inside his shirt. I watched this happen in a matter of seconds and dumbfoundedly asked him, “What did you just do?”
He said, “I took Jesus out of your heart and put Him in mine!”
Yes, the little bugger was very pleased with himself! I knew he did not know the implications of taking Jesus out of my heart. Or hoped he didn’t!!!

Well, years later Jesus did "tug" at Christopher’s heart and he accepted that Divine invitation and became a child of God (allowing me to keep Jesus in my heart!)

We have watched, with gratification, Christopher grow in his relationship with the Lord. It hasn’t always been pretty or easy. But God has always proven Himself faithful.

We are so thankful that Christopher’s heart is tuned to hear and act upon God’s instructions.
We are also thankful for Katie Stockwell who walks beside him as he leads their family to follow God.














Happy Birthday Christopher Vernon Stockwell.

Thank you for letting me MOTHER YOU…it has been my delight!
Proverbs 23:24-25 "The father of a righteous man has great joy; he who has a wise son delights in him. May your father and mother be glad; may she who gave you birth rejoice!"


Check is in the mail!!!


No comments: