Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Precious in His Sight

I’ve just had the joy of hosting a team of five ladies from the states. They came to Ukraine to minister as they explored ideas of how to get Christian women more involved in missions around the world. Marsha Judy, a new missionary in Kiev, who has come to work with Ladies’ Ministry in the country, joined us. It was a wonderful week. Together we prayer walked many streets in three cities in Ukraine. The ladies shared their testimonies in four formal sittings and in other ways as they obeyed God throughout the week.

They were precious!!!

While in Kharkov, Ukraine the team from the states stayed in national homes. Marsha stayed with the Woffords. For those of you who do not know; the Woffords were our team members when we lived in Kharkov…when we moved to Kiev, Keith became the Strategy Coordinator of that area and they moved into our apartment. It is always wonderful to go back and be in my old home! Usually I am welcomed by a special plate that Wendy has in her kitchen. I’ve never been to their home when the plate didn’t say something to me!
UNTIL this past week.

There in BIG RED letters the plate read, “Welcome Aunt Marsha!” wow…I’d been replaced. No, I wasn’t staying with the Woffords…I had the opportunity to stay with Linda Gray (another colleague.) But that isn’t the point…the point is…my name was not on the plate!

I decided I’d fix that problem. I found (with some searching) a BLUE marker and added the words: “And Aunt Dalese.” Then, as a second thought I added the word “Precious” beside the “and.”

I had no idea that I’d only have to wait a little while before my art work and editing job were appreciated. Cameras were out because we were all taking pictures of the fellowship time. Marsha decided she wanted a picture of HER PLATE…Shelby Wofford went into the kitchen to bring it to Aunt Marsha and the excitement began. All the ladies thought it was hilarious.
One asked me about it and I told her that the word “Precious” was scribbled in as an after-thought. I said, “I forgot I was precious!”
She looked at me and we laughed.

But you know what…sometimes I do forget that I’m precious. I bet you do too.

*I forget that I’m made in the image of GOD. Genesis 1:27, 5:1, 9:6
*That He formed me in my mother’s womb. Psalms 139:13
*That He predestined me to be conformed to the image of His Son. Romans 8:29 and that He predestined us for adoption as children through Jesus Christ to Himself according to the good pleasure of His desire. Ephesians 1:5
*I’m chosen by the most High God. John 15:19
*Sometimes I forget that I’m royalty (A people of God’s own possession) I Peter 2:9
I’m a princess, now that is PRECIOUS!!!

I’m thankful for that “Playful moment” when God reminded me that I am precious to Him. And the great news is that you are too. He wants to be precious to us too. Oh how He desires our entire BEING to desire HIM!

It is my prayer that I will recognize my worth in God’s sight (I’m precious!) and walk worthy of it…I’m going to take Princess lessons so I can act like the Princess I am and treat others like the royalty they are.

Where do I go to take such lessons you ask? To His Word…where all life’s answers are found!

Her majesty,
Precious Princess Dalese

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dalese! You are precious. I'm so glad you got to spend time with those women...I got the chance to love the women that came to us here from the same group. If the ones that went to y'all were like the women we recieved...it mut have been wonderful.
Hope you're doing so amazingly well, and being blessed everyday.
Love you!