Sunday, November 16, 2008

New Hope's Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Hap---py Anniversary!!!

Today is the seventh anniversary of NEW HOPE church in Kharkov, Ukraine.
When Linda Gray reminded me this morning I couldn’t believe that it had been seven years.

Many of you know the story of how we lived and worked in Kharkov for six years. Mick, of course, worked all over the area…but from the time we moved to Kharkov the boys and I worked mainly with the church which became the “Mother” church of New Hope.

We started out doing Sunday School for them. The boys played a MAJOR role in this. They often helped with the story telling and Bible memorization AND always helped with discipline (as they could speak the language better than me!)

As time went on Christopher became concerned about the fact that there was truly no YOUTH group in Kharkov. He began praying that the Lord would use him in the establishment of a youth group.
We were beginning to see the fruits of those prayers RIGHT when Keith Byrd asked us to move back to Kiev and take on other responsibilities.

Mick and I both knew in our spirits that the move to Kiev was what the Lord had for us…but we also knew that it wasn’t what He had for Christopher. So, through prayer and God’s leading we left Christopher behind to work with a youth club which later became New Hope Church.


AND TODAY…they celebrate seven years of ministry.

I wish we could all be there…but since we can’t, I’m sending out this little message and publicly voicing (through type) my thankfulness to the LORD for allowing the Stockwell family to have a part in this church and for the years of memories that we have in Kharkov, Ukraine.

Thank you Jesus for New Hope in Kharkov, Ukraine…may they continue in the faith!!!

2 comments:

Turning into Mom said...

How neat to see how God has worked at New Hope. You brought to mind that kingdom building is all about the King and not the workers. I remember the feeling of coming back to states just as we began to see some movement with the Crimean Tatars. But, that's not what God had for us. I'm so thankful we followed His leadership for us. I praise God for the work He's doing with Loys and Virgil. Benjie and I will always feel a special tug for Crimea and Ukraine. Maybe one day will bring a group over. Blessings to you and Mick.

Tiffany said...

WOW!! How cool is that?!! I love your new "look" by the way....SUPER CUTE!