Thursday, November 27, 2008

THANKFUL HEART

I do have a THANKFUL heart this evening. And it is nothing of my own doing…Scripture teaches us that He gives me the WILL to do what is right (what is required!)
For God is working in you, giving you the desire to obey him and the power to do what pleases him. Philippians 2:13
Always rejoice, constantly pray, in everything give thanks. For this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. I Thessalonians 5:17, 18.

I’m thankful for the WILL to be thankful.
This has not been a painless year for me…I feel selfish writing that last line. Because the reason for the pain has mostly been that the lives of my loved ones have been affected…causing me to feel loss and hurt.

People have moved out of my life (physically)…our supervisor and family. Other dear friends who we worked with closely are no longer serving with us.

Precious Teri Tarleton has gone to Glory…we had two wonderful Thanksgiving meals with the Tarletons in the past and I am really missing her this year. I know that Teri is having a GREAT time with our Father, but I feel sorry for myself and I feel for her precious family.

And last, but not least, Kenny Pope is a different man today than he was a little over six months ago. Teri is a different woman too. My “family” has been through more than I can imagine (even after hearing about much of it) and I’ve not been able to be there to walk beside them for most of the time…this has caused me pain. For the first time ever (even with our men in the states) I did not want to return to the field after Kenny’s fall. It was one of the hardest things I’ve had to do…leave them on the 4th of July…knowing that there was so much ahead and wondering how they would do it.
If you have kept up with the Popes through CaringBridge then you know that they are doing wonderfully. Life is different but the one constant is the presence of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ…who has bestowed on them…THANKFUL HEARTS.

So, as tomorrow approaches and I finish making the pies and getting everything else ready to celebrate, with friends, God’s graciousness to me DAILY…I want to THANK HIM for giving me a THANKFUL HEART…
Because a Thankful Heart is what guards my heart and my mind. It is what gives me the strength to carry on. Daily, I want to THANK HIM…who gives me the POWER to do so!

Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7


1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I'm thankful for YOU, Dalese!